- CONGRATULATIONS Tom “Noodle” Lawrence on celebrating the first anniversary of your open heart surgery!! God Bless you for MANY more healthy years!
- Central YMCA member Sophia Brooks
- YMCA Board of Trustee William Richardson and his family
- Central YMCA staff Janice Grasso’s son Michael Grasso
- Hettler Family
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee member and YMCA Board of Trustees Chair, J.D. Mirto’s mother, Nancy Mirto
- Central YMCA member Nick Mathews
- Metro Office Director of Development & Marketing Marykaye Carlson‘s sister Janice Pierce
- Central YMCA member Attorney Alan Kretzer
- Central YMCA members Dale and Alice Rair
- Central SilverSneakers member Norm Hoefler
- YMCA Board of Trustee Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA Housekeeping Staff Rosetta
- Central Y Member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Dennis LaRue and Andrea Wood
- YMCA CEO Thomas Gacse‘s son, Tommy Gacse
- Hiromi Takahashi
- Karl R.
- Gary B.
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Central YMCA member Jim (Elsa) Winterburn is mourning the loss of his stepfather, John A. Baglier. John is survived by his wife, Mimi Baglier; his sons: Jim (Vicky), Dennis (Ann), Doug (Adrienne) Baglier and Gary, Tom (Phyllis), and Bill (Denise); his grandchildren: Rachael, Mike and Maria Baglier, Jimmy (Jacquelyn), Christina, Carly, Mia, Michael, Alex (Brenda), Anna and Troy Winterburn, Michaela Salas and Mike King; six great-grandchildren; two sisters; and numerous nieces, nephews, and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Jim and and his family.
- Wayne James Viall will be greatly missed by his granddaughter, Kristi Kester (who works in the Fitness Department at the Central YMCA). Wayne is survived by the love of his life, Sally; his children: Susan (Darrell) Barnette, James (Mary) Viall, Joan (Hank Bohnert) Kester; grandchildren: Michael, Patricia, Amber, Ashley, Jamie, Ryan, Kristi, and Hanna; and nine great-grandchildren. Wayne will also be sadly missed by his Dalmatian “Marbles.” Our deepest sympathy to Kristi and her family.
- Central YMCA member Catherine (Jay) Layshock is mourning the loss of her mother, Kathleen A. O’Connor. Kathleen will also be missed by her other daughter, Mary Frances (Ray Gordon) O’Connor; a son, Thomas (Michelle) O’Connor, Jr.; nine grandchildren: Jake (Emily) Layshock, Peter and Michael Layshock, Emma Layshock (YMCA member), Jonathan Lisbon, Jason and Jessica O’Connor, and Faye and Buck Gordon; two great-grandchildren Jake and Tommy Layshock; and sister-in-law Nancy Carey. Our sincerest sympathy to Katie, Emma, and their family.
- Joan Lee Kacenga will be greatly missed by Central YMCA member Lawrence (Karen) Kacenga. Joan has three other children: Ann (John) Cicero, Michael (Kathy) Kacenga, and Karen (Mark) Baker; five special grandchildren: Summer (Dan) Wasko, Briana (Scott) Cicero-Johns, Craig (Emily) Cicero, Lauren (Dom) Schneider, and Gabriel Kacenga; eight great-grandchildren; three half-brothers; a special cousin, Barbara Jean Kessler; her longtime friend, Marion Goske; and her special neighbors, Doug Martin, Frank Horvath, and Karen Peeples. Our deepest sympathy to Larry and his family.
- Central Y member, Erika Tremble, is mourning the loss of her aunt, Lynn Michelle Little-Hamilton. Lynn leaves her son, Keith L. Davis, Jr.; grandson, Major Amire Davis; four sisters: Helen D. (Alexander) Tremble, Mable M. Little, Vera M. Little, and Beverly A. Montanez; brothers: Joseph (Carolyn) Little, Jr. and Robert F. Little; and a host of nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Erika and her family.
- Business Office Account Manager, Laurie (Jeff) Wellington, is mourning the loss of her father, William C. ‘Bill’ Buehler. Bill will be sadly missed by his wife, Ivadale (Skipton) Buehler; a son, George (Debbie) Buehler; a sister, Catherine (the late Wilford) Sayers; four grandchildren: Benjamin Buehler, Jennifer (Heath) Brothers, Samantha (John) Abramo, and Tierney Wellington; two great-grandchildren: Mallory Abramo and Madison Brothers; many special nieces and nephews; and Paula (John) DeMart whom he loved as his own daughter. Our deepest sympathy to Laurie and her family.
- Long-time Central YMCA member, Edward M. ‘Eddie’ Stanovcak, will be lovingly remembered by his mom, Evelyn (Mike) Andrews; his loving wife, Patricia (Minotti) Stanovcak; two brothers: Jimmy Stanovcak and Joey (Sandee) Stanovcak; three sisters-in-law: Donna Katros, Marilyn Kaplan, and Beverly (Pete) Kittle; six stepsiblings: Lorraine (Terry) Greene, Justine Andrews, Christine (Russ) Cowart, Mike (Lil) Andrews, Ricky (Gloria) Andrews, and Jimmy (Susan) Andrews; many loving nieces and nephews; all his friends at the YMCA; and his faithful friend, Awgee-Dawgee. Our sincerest sympathy to Evelyn, Patricia and their families. Eddie will be deeply missed by all.
- Central YMCA member Valar Blair is mourning the loss of his daughter Valarcia Blair and grandson Tariq Morris. All the staff and members at the Central Y send their deepest sympathy to the entire Blair and Morris families. God bless you all and the two newest angels that are now in heaven.
- YMCA Board of Trustees member William L. Richardson is mourning the loss of his wife, Louise Marie Richardson. Louise will be greatly missed by her daughters: Heather (Delmar) Campbell, Lynn Richardson, and Paula (Doyle) Detweiler; four grandsons: John (Sarah) Wagner, Michael Lim, Ryan Lim, and Michael Detweiler; five granddaughters: Rebecca Wagner, Margeaux Lim, Candace Lim, Lilly Detweiler, and Hannah Detweiler; a great-grandaughter, Gianna Paternite; and a sister, Sandra Ashton. Our sincerest sympathy to Bill and his family. The YMCA Board of Trustees and staff are deeply saddened and will miss Louise’s sweet smile and kind words.
- Central YMCA is mourning the loss of long-time member Dorothy M. George. Dorothy will be sadly missed by her son William T. George; her daughter Karen L. George; two sisters: Delores Macciomei and Rosemarie (Tyrone) Brown; sister-in-law Carmel Bianco; granddaughter Tricia (Michael) Kennedy; and great-granddaughter Harper. Our deepest sympathy to Dorothy’s family and YMCA friends.
- Saying goodbye and thank you to Kathy Thomas, long-time staff member who is retiring from the YMCA of Youngstown after 21+ years! Kathy worked in the Metro office located at the Central Y as Director of Business and Finance. Thank you again Kathy for your service here at our YMCA and best wishes on your retirement!
- Also saying goodbye and thank you to D’Nelle Seiple. D’Nelle served the YMCA of Youngstown for 17 years as Youth Sports League Director. She is taking her passion for youth sports and moving on to work with another organization. We appreciate all D’Nelle has done to serve our YMCA and Youngstown’s youth.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at firstname.lastname@example.org